Pepper Mill for Long Peppers and Large Peppercorns natural wood, 16 cm
Here is the first Peugeot mill specifically designed for long pepper and large peppercorns. This manual wooden mill is the perfect instrument for fans of peppers from around the world, especially long pepper varieties. You will no longer need a mortar and pestle to grind your long pepper. The Isen mill's oversize mechanism can now easily take and grind this type of elongated pepper.
Dedicated to long pepper
Isen manual wooden mill has been specifically designed to grind long pepper and large peppercorns. Every detail has been carefully thought out, such as the delicately-opening hopper as well as the accurate and effective grind adjustment system for grinding your pepper, whether finely or coarsely.To top it all, the Isen mill's oversize mechanism comes with a lifetime warranty and can be removed for cleaning.
Carrot Soufflé with Cumin
2.2 pounds (1 kg) carrots,
peeled and sliced
8 large eggs, white and yolks apart
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon (125g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (50g) all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup (30 cl) milk
3 Tablespoons Emmental cheese or other hard cheese, grated
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*or 26.5 ounces (750g) mashed carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) and grease a 2.2 qt soufflé dish with butter.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the carrots in a large volume of salted water for about 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and mash carrots.
3. Add the egg yolks to the carrots and stir well.
4. Make the béchamel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, and let the mixture thicken for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually pour the milk and keep whisking until thickened. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, and add the grated cheese. Add the mixture to the carrot mash and stir well.
5. Beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff. Fold into the carrots, running the spatula straight down the bottom of the bowl, then flipping the batter over. The egg whites should be all mixed in, but there should be some lumps of stiff egg white still visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared soufflé dish and bake in a water-bath for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and eat immediately, with a side of salad.