Electric salt mill, stainless steel, 20 cm
With a single touch, the Peugeot Elis Sense u'Select electric salt mill lights up to deliver freshly ground salt.
New sensations and high tech performances
Amateurs of cooking and high-tech instrument will appreciate the performance of the Peugeot Elis Sense mills. Fast and quiet, featuring a serious stainless steel and acrylic design, this advanced mill will start instantly as you touch the body and top simultaneously. Let the LED light guide you through the process for total control of the output. Elis Sense is equipped with the u’Select patented grind control system, used for precise adjustment of the grind size. Choose from six grind settings or anywhere in between to find the right coarseness. This ultimate high-tech gift comes with a spice vial filled with salt that doubles as a measuring cup and funnel. When technology supports gastronomy, it is pure pleasure!
Foie gras terrine with coffee and whisky
1 lobe of duck foie gras (500 g)
160 ml cold Keheli coffee (Ethiopia)
40 ml whisky (slightly peaty)
8 g sea salt + 2 g sugar + 1 g Voatsiperifery pepper.
1. Prepare the coffee in a French press with a medium grind. Allow to infuse for 30 minutes. Press and then place in the refrigerator.
2. Allow the foie gras to come up to room temperature for an hour (remove the veins if necessary).
3. Mix the whisky and the COLD coffee. Pour over the foie gras and then add the sugar/salt/pepper mixture.
3. Tightly wrap the foie gras while compressing (shape into a rectangle, so that it can be packed into the terrine in two stages).
4. Put the Peugeot Appolia terrine in the refrigerator.
Pack the foie gras into the terrine.
Wrap in film and add the lid.
1. Wrap the entire terrine in film and cook in a bain-marie. Cook in a non-preheated oven at 75°C for approximately 1 hr 45 min (check that the temperature is 62°C in the middle).
2. Take out of the oven and remove the film and lid. Place in the refrigerator.
3. The next day, replace the lid.
4. Wait at least three days before eating. Remove from the terrine and slice with a knife dipped in hot water.
5. Add the Voatsiperifery pepper to taste.