Peugeot Appolia Ceramic Round Baker 34 cm in Red
A large size (34 cm - 13.4in.) round dish in Peugeot ceramic for succulent oven cooked food. Family sized, in an elegant colour to delight lovers of tasty oven cooked dishes.
Ideal for healthy oven-baked meals
Its size will win over the biggest food lovers; its colour will brighten the table. The Peugeot Appolia 34 cm (13.4in.) round dish with its red colour is the key accessory for those who want to delight their family and their friends with their recipes gently cooked in the oven. Conserving tastes, guaranteeing a healthy cuisine, these are the foremost qualities of ceramic cookware, which ensures slow and evenly cooked meals for the ultimate in tenderness. With its high rim, which retains the cooking juices, food is tasty and healthy. Easy to clean thanks to the anti-abrasion enamelling, Peugeot ceramic cookware also guarantees an unrivalled resistance against impacts and thermal shocks (-20°C to +250°C).
Foie gras terrine with coffee and whisky
1 lobe of duck foie gras (500 g)
160 ml cold Keheli coffee (Ethiopia)
40 ml whisky (slightly peaty)
8 g sea salt + 2 g sugar + 1 g Voatsiperifery pepper.
1. Prepare the coffee in a French press with a medium grind. Allow to infuse for 30 minutes. Press and then place in the refrigerator.
2. Allow the foie gras to come up to room temperature for an hour (remove the veins if necessary).
3. Mix the whisky and the COLD coffee. Pour over the foie gras and then add the sugar/salt/pepper mixture.
3. Tightly wrap the foie gras while compressing (shape into a rectangle, so that it can be packed into the terrine in two stages).
4. Put the Peugeot Appolia terrine in the refrigerator.
Pack the foie gras into the terrine.
Wrap in film and add the lid.
1. Wrap the entire terrine in film and cook in a bain-marie. Cook in a non-preheated oven at 75°C for approximately 1 hr 45 min (check that the temperature is 62°C in the middle).
2. Take out of the oven and remove the film and lid. Place in the refrigerator.
3. The next day, replace the lid.
4. Wait at least three days before eating. Remove from the terrine and slice with a knife dipped in hot water.
5. Add the Voatsiperifery pepper to taste.