Appolia Ceramic Rectangular Baker 40 cm in Red
This Peugeot Appolia 40 cm rectangular ceramic dish with its bright red finish ensures that your family meals are the star of your dining table.
A family-sized design and a bright colour scheme for delicious oven meals
Discover all the pleasure and flavours of slowly baked recipes that will delight the entire family. Produced in France with a continually enhanced ceramic and enamel design, Peugeot's Appolia oven dishes guarantee slow and evenly cooked meals, meaning healthy dishes packed full of flavour. The 40 cm (16in.) version of Peugeot's Appolia rectangular oven dish is available in a range of essential classic and stylish contemporary colours, including a sparkling and cheerful red.
Carrot Soufflé with Cumin
2.2 pounds (1 kg) carrots,
peeled and sliced
8 large eggs, white and yolks apart
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon (125g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (50g) all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup (30 cl) milk
3 Tablespoons Emmental cheese or other hard cheese, grated
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*or 26.5 ounces (750g) mashed carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) and grease a 2.2 qt soufflé dish with butter.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the carrots in a large volume of salted water for about 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and mash carrots.
3. Add the egg yolks to the carrots and stir well.
4. Make the béchamel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, and let the mixture thicken for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually pour the milk and keep whisking until thickened. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, and add the grated cheese. Add the mixture to the carrot mash and stir well.
5. Beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff. Fold into the carrots, running the spatula straight down the bottom of the bowl, then flipping the batter over. The egg whites should be all mixed in, but there should be some lumps of stiff egg white still visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared soufflé dish and bake in a water-bath for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and eat immediately, with a side of salad.