Appolia Ceramic Rectangular Baker 32 cm in Red
The proportions of the 32 cm Appolia rectangular ceramic dish from Peugeot are ideal for everyday cooking.
The Peugeot red ceramic rectangular oven dish for whetting everyone's appetite
Roast joints, fish, gratins, roasted vegetables, slightly caramelised jacket potatoes. With ceramic, you can cook a wide range of oven baked recipes for healthy, balanced meals crammed full of flavour. Made in France according to traditional methods and practices, Peugeot ceramic complies with the most stringent food contact and environmental standards. Ceramic boasts excellent thermal inertia and is capable of keeping dishes hot for up to 30 minutes after being removed from the oven. The 32 cm version of Peugeot's Appolia rectangular oven dish is available in a range of essential classic and stylish contemporary colours. The flamboyant red version will bring your table to life, while the meal will delight everyone's taste buds.
Strawberry and cardamom rolled brioche
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Resting time: 2 hrs
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for one square Appolia dish 28cm or one rectangular Appolia baker dish 32cm:
For the brioche:
350 g of wheat flour t45 or 55
6 g of dry baker’s yeast
170 g of milk
6 Tablespoons (80g) unsalted butter
75 g of yogurt
70 g of powdered sugar
½ tsp. to c. fine salt
70 g of vegetable oil
For the cardamom cream:
300 ml of milk
25 g of cornstarch
30 g of sugar
35 g of margarine or butter
4 cardamom pods
150 g of strawberry jam or 250 g of fresh strawberries
1. In the bowl of a mixer or a simple bowl, put the warm milk with dry yeast. Leave for 5 minutes: if it bubbles, it is good, otherwise, it is dead and there is no point in using it.
2. Then add the flour on top, the yogurt, sugar, salt, and vegetable oil, and knead until the dough has a smooth appearance and comes off your bowl / bowl (usually about ten minutes).
3. Let it rise, preferably in a warm place, covering with a kitchen towel, until the dough doubles in size. Then expel the air from the dough by crushing it.
4. To facilitate, you can cool the brioche to cook it afterwards.
5. Make the cream: boil the milk with the cardamom pods to infuse it, then leave to cool and filter.
6. Add the remaining ingredients except the fat, mixing well to dilute the starch, and put to heat, whisking gently until the mixture thickens and the whisk leaves traces.
7. Then add the margarine and whisk to incorporate. Leave to cool (preferably in the fridge).
8. Roll out the dough into a large rectangle, then spread the cardamom cream on top. Rinse and cut the strawberries into small pieces, or add the jam. Roll to get a long sausage, tightening it well.
9. Cut 9 identical rolls, then arrange them in the dish without tightening too much. Let it grow for about an hour and a half, until the rolls are puffed up.
10. Bake at 180 ° C for about 35-40 minutes, until the brioche is golden brown. Stitch in the center to control doneness.
If you wish, you can garnish with royal icing, mixing icing sugar and a little water.
Likewise, you can make the brioche shiny by applying syrup (such as cane sugar or even mixture of water and boiled sugar) with a brush after taking it out of the oven.