Appolia Ceramic Rectangular Baker 32 cm in Deep Blue
Once removed from the oven, the deep midnight blue of the Peugeot Appolia 32 cm rectangular dish brings a warm glow to your table... a treat for the eyes and mouth watering meals.
Its surprising colour for an oven dish will catch everyone's attention around the table, almost as much as the flavour of your oven baked meals
The 32 cm rectangular ceramic oven dish will be your best friend for creating healthy and enjoyable oven cooked dinners. All your recipes will cook until tender while keeping their full flavour. The deep blue colour with its sparkling reflections will bring a sublime touch to your favourite recipes. Thanks to the high quality materials, Peugeot's ceramic oven dish is capable of withstanding thermal shocks and keeping your meals hot for up to 30 minutes after leaving the oven. Safe and easy to carry with its wide striated handles, it is also extremely easy to clean thanks to the quality of the enamels used for the enamelling process before fired in the furnace at 1,130°C. This 32 cm version will get your creative juices flowing, whether joints, fish, vegetables or imaginative desserts.
Carrot Soufflé with Cumin
2.2 pounds (1 kg) carrots,
peeled and sliced
8 large eggs, white and yolks apart
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon (125g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (50g) all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup (30 cl) milk
3 Tablespoons Emmental cheese or other hard cheese, grated
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*or 26.5 ounces (750g) mashed carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) and grease a 2.2 qt soufflé dish with butter.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the carrots in a large volume of salted water for about 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and mash carrots.
3. Add the egg yolks to the carrots and stir well.
4. Make the béchamel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, and let the mixture thicken for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually pour the milk and keep whisking until thickened. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, and add the grated cheese. Add the mixture to the carrot mash and stir well.
5. Beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff. Fold into the carrots, running the spatula straight down the bottom of the bowl, then flipping the batter over. The egg whites should be all mixed in, but there should be some lumps of stiff egg white still visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared soufflé dish and bake in a water-bath for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and eat immediately, with a side of salad.