Salt mill in stainless steel, 22 cm
Would you like to be able to use the mill of the greatest chefs in your own kitchen? This is now possible with the Paris Chef salt mill. With a beautiful stainless steel finish of very high quality, the Paris Chef salt mill, in the 22 cm version, will delight you from the first glance.
The salt mill of the great chefs, in your own kitchen
The Peugeot Paris Chef collection 22 cm salt mill is the mill of those who are passionate about cooking. It replicates the silhouette of the legendary Paris mill, created more than 30 years ago, in a full stainless steel finish. The stainless steel used in the design of this mill is of a very high quality, providing perfect resistance in all conditions. As with all Peugeot mills, this salt mill is equipped with the Peugeot mechanism in steel, which comes with a lifetime guarantee. Its grinding adjustment allows for pre-selection of 6 salt coarseness. You can then choose fine grind for seasoning your salads and coarser grinding to bring out the best in your foie gras.
Foie gras terrine with coffee and whisky
1 lobe of duck foie gras (500 g)
160 ml cold Keheli coffee (Ethiopia)
40 ml whisky (slightly peaty)
8 g sea salt + 2 g sugar + 1 g Voatsiperifery pepper.
1. Prepare the coffee in a French press with a medium grind. Allow to infuse for 30 minutes. Press and then place in the refrigerator.
2. Allow the foie gras to come up to room temperature for an hour (remove the veins if necessary).
3. Mix the whisky and the COLD coffee. Pour over the foie gras and then add the sugar/salt/pepper mixture.
3. Tightly wrap the foie gras while compressing (shape into a rectangle, so that it can be packed into the terrine in two stages).
4. Put the Peugeot Appolia terrine in the refrigerator.
Pack the foie gras into the terrine.
Wrap in film and add the lid.
1. Wrap the entire terrine in film and cook in a bain-marie. Cook in a non-preheated oven at 75°C for approximately 1 hr 45 min (check that the temperature is 62°C in the middle).
2. Take out of the oven and remove the film and lid. Place in the refrigerator.
3. The next day, replace the lid.
4. Wait at least three days before eating. Remove from the terrine and slice with a knife dipped in hot water.
5. Add the Voatsiperifery pepper to taste.