Salt mill in chocolate finish, 18 cm
The reliability of the Peugeot mechanism and the elegance of a chocolate-coloured wood body, the lion presents to you its emblematic Paris u’Select 18 cm salt mill.
Reliability and elegance
Are you looking for a mill that is both reliable and elegant? Choose the chocolate finished Paris u’Select salt mill. An emblematic Peugeot model, the Paris mill is highly reliable. Hence, it is used by the greatest chefs throughout the world. With its steel mechanism, which comes with a lifetime guarantee, and its u’Select grind control system, you are guaranteed to obtain the right salt coarseness for your requirements and your tastes. The curved shape and the chocolate colour will definitely appeal to you. The golden knob located on the top of the mill brings the perfect finishing touch to the silhouette. Love at first sight - for this Paris manual salt mill.
Strawberry and cardamom rolled brioche
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Resting time: 2 hrs
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for one square Appolia dish 28cm or one rectangular Appolia baker dish 32cm:
For the brioche:
350 g of wheat flour t45 or 55
6 g of dry baker’s yeast
170 g of milk
6 Tablespoons (80g) unsalted butter
75 g of yogurt
70 g of powdered sugar
½ tsp. to c. fine salt
70 g of vegetable oil
For the cardamom cream:
300 ml of milk
25 g of cornstarch
30 g of sugar
35 g of margarine or butter
4 cardamom pods
150 g of strawberry jam or 250 g of fresh strawberries
1. In the bowl of a mixer or a simple bowl, put the warm milk with dry yeast. Leave for 5 minutes: if it bubbles, it is good, otherwise, it is dead and there is no point in using it.
2. Then add the flour on top, the yogurt, sugar, salt, and vegetable oil, and knead until the dough has a smooth appearance and comes off your bowl / bowl (usually about ten minutes).
3. Let it rise, preferably in a warm place, covering with a kitchen towel, until the dough doubles in size. Then expel the air from the dough by crushing it.
4. To facilitate, you can cool the brioche to cook it afterwards.
5. Make the cream: boil the milk with the cardamom pods to infuse it, then leave to cool and filter.
6. Add the remaining ingredients except the fat, mixing well to dilute the starch, and put to heat, whisking gently until the mixture thickens and the whisk leaves traces.
7. Then add the margarine and whisk to incorporate. Leave to cool (preferably in the fridge).
8. Roll out the dough into a large rectangle, then spread the cardamom cream on top. Rinse and cut the strawberries into small pieces, or add the jam. Roll to get a long sausage, tightening it well.
9. Cut 9 identical rolls, then arrange them in the dish without tightening too much. Let it grow for about an hour and a half, until the rolls are puffed up.
10. Bake at 180 ° C for about 35-40 minutes, until the brioche is golden brown. Stitch in the center to control doneness.
If you wish, you can garnish with royal icing, mixing icing sugar and a little water.
Likewise, you can make the brioche shiny by applying syrup (such as cane sugar or even mixture of water and boiled sugar) with a brush after taking it out of the oven.