Salt/Pepper manual mill duo in chocolate finish, 18 cm
Paris is the most iconic mill from Peugeot. Its appealing rounded shape, made from wood, has rapidly become the symbol of mills. This Salt and Pepper Mill Set is finished in a sweet chocolate stain.
Iconic Paris Set
Set a table sure to impress with the beauty of this natural Salt and Pepper Mill Set from the Paris Collection. With a timeless and smooth finish, this set is an essential tool from the kitchen to the table. All made from wood, Paris Mills are made in Eastern France at the Peugeot Manufacture. Telling the salt from the pepper mill is easy with the black ring on top of the pepper mill knob, and the white ring on top of the salt mill. This knob will also help adjust the size of the grind quickly and easily. The tighter the knob, the finer the grind. And because every spice is unique, each mill is equipped with its very own Peugeot mechanism designed to release the organoleptic richness of each one. All Peugeot steel mechanisms come with a lifetime warranty.
Carrot Soufflé with Cumin
2.2 pounds (1 kg) carrots,
peeled and sliced
8 large eggs, white and yolks apart
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon (125g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (50g) all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup (30 cl) milk
3 Tablespoons Emmental cheese or other hard cheese, grated
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*or 26.5 ounces (750g) mashed carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) and grease a 2.2 qt soufflé dish with butter.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the carrots in a large volume of salted water for about 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and mash carrots.
3. Add the egg yolks to the carrots and stir well.
4. Make the béchamel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, and let the mixture thicken for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually pour the milk and keep whisking until thickened. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, and add the grated cheese. Add the mixture to the carrot mash and stir well.
5. Beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff. Fold into the carrots, running the spatula straight down the bottom of the bowl, then flipping the batter over. The egg whites should be all mixed in, but there should be some lumps of stiff egg white still visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared soufflé dish and bake in a water-bath for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and eat immediately, with a side of salad.