Salt mill in olive wood and stainless steel, 16 cm
Madras salt mill in olive wood comes with character in abundance. This manual mill combines with delicacy all the warmth of its olive wood body with the high-tech look of it stainless steel base.
Beauty, performance and function
The Madras Manual Salt Mill combines two qualitative materials with an elegant and contemporary look: olive wood and stainless steel. Perfect companion when seasoning dishes, Madras salt Mill is a complete delight to use. This compact, manual mill integrates a latest generation innovation that makes refilling the reservoir easier while also increasing the salt storage capacity – the removal of the vertical axis. Another benefit, the Madras mill is equipped with the u’Select patented grinding control that guarantees a precise and regular grinding. The Madras manual salt mill is equipped with a stainless steel Peugeot mechanism, with a lifetime guarantee.
Carrot Soufflé with Cumin
2.2 pounds (1 kg) carrots,
peeled and sliced
8 large eggs, white and yolks apart
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon (125g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (50g) all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup (30 cl) milk
3 Tablespoons Emmental cheese or other hard cheese, grated
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*or 26.5 ounces (750g) mashed carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) and grease a 2.2 qt soufflé dish with butter.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the carrots in a large volume of salted water for about 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and mash carrots.
3. Add the egg yolks to the carrots and stir well.
4. Make the béchamel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, and let the mixture thicken for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually pour the milk and keep whisking until thickened. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, and add the grated cheese. Add the mixture to the carrot mash and stir well.
5. Beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff. Fold into the carrots, running the spatula straight down the bottom of the bowl, then flipping the batter over. The egg whites should be all mixed in, but there should be some lumps of stiff egg white still visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared soufflé dish and bake in a water-bath for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and eat immediately, with a side of salad.