Salt mill in black gloss finish, 22 cm
Due to its ingenious grinding control system, the Peugeot Paris u’Select salt mill will allow you to easily select the salt grinding size best suited to your requirements.
The Paris salt mill needs no introduction. This mill is an essential item in the Peugeot range. The performance of its mechanism and the elegant silhouette of its wooden body have been an attractive prospect since it was created in 1987. The Paris u'Select salt mill, with a bright black glossy finish, attracts all the attention. Its patented grind control system allows you to easily select the salt grinding size that is best suited to your culinary creations. This manual salt mill will be as useful in the kitchen as on your table.
Foie gras terrine with coffee and whisky
1 lobe of duck foie gras (500 g)
160 ml cold Keheli coffee (Ethiopia)
40 ml whisky (slightly peaty)
8 g sea salt + 2 g sugar + 1 g Voatsiperifery pepper.
1. Prepare the coffee in a French press with a medium grind. Allow to infuse for 30 minutes. Press and then place in the refrigerator.
2. Allow the foie gras to come up to room temperature for an hour (remove the veins if necessary).
3. Mix the whisky and the COLD coffee. Pour over the foie gras and then add the sugar/salt/pepper mixture.
3. Tightly wrap the foie gras while compressing (shape into a rectangle, so that it can be packed into the terrine in two stages).
4. Put the Peugeot Appolia terrine in the refrigerator.
Pack the foie gras into the terrine.
Wrap in film and add the lid.
1. Wrap the entire terrine in film and cook in a bain-marie. Cook in a non-preheated oven at 75°C for approximately 1 hr 45 min (check that the temperature is 62°C in the middle).
2. Take out of the oven and remove the film and lid. Place in the refrigerator.
3. The next day, replace the lid.
4. Wait at least three days before eating. Remove from the terrine and slice with a knife dipped in hot water.
5. Add the Voatsiperifery pepper to taste.