Pepper mill in white lacquer finished wood, 18 cm
The Paris model, a symbol of Peugeot history, is equipped with the u'Select technology, to guarantee precise uniform grinding to create the Paris u’Select white lacquer manual pepper mill.
An innovative technology for easy use
The Paris u'Select 18 cm pepper mill has a wooden body with a bright white finish to light up your table. Created more than 30 years ago, this iconic Peugeot item is modernised with an ultra trendy finish and innovative technology. The u'Select system allows you to choose the required pepper grinding size with a single action. To achieve this, simply select position 1 for very fine grinding and position 6 for much coarser grinding. The beautiful curves of this mill with its slender body make it a genuine decorative object. This manual mill gives a really good grip. The Paris u'Select 18 cm pepper mill is equipped with the highly effective Peugeot mechanism, which comes with a lifetime guarantee.
Foie gras terrine with pear, cinnamon and Sauternes
1 lobe of duck foie gras (500 g)
160 ml Sauternes (or other sweet white wine)
8 g sea salt + 2 g sugar
1 ripe Williams pear
20 g butter
20 g sugar
1. Allow the foie gras to come up to room temperature for an hour (remove the veins if necessary).
2. Add the Sauternes, salt and 2 g of sugar.
3. Tightly wrap the foie gras while compressing (shape into a rectangle, so that it can be packed into the terrine in two stages).
4. Cut the pear into small cubes.
5. In a hot frying pan, add the butter and 20 g of sugar. Allow to caramelise slightly before adding the pear. Sauté and then add the Sichuan pepper. Drain and keep in the refrigerator.
6. Put the Peugeot Appolia terrine in the refrigerator.
Pack the foie gras into the terrine in two stages.
Place the first half of the foie gras in the terrine, add the pear in the centre and then cover and pack with the second half.
Wrap in film and add the lid.
1. Wrap the entire terrine in film and cook in a bain-marie. Cook in a non-preheated oven at 75°C for approximately 1 hr 45 min (check that the temperature is 62°C in the middle).
2. Take out of the oven and remove the film and lid. Place in the refrigerator.
3. The next day, replace the lid.
4. Wait at least three days before eating. Remove from the terrine and slice with a knife dipped in hot water.
5. Grind cinnamon over the slices (season to taste).