Pepper mill in clear acrylic and shiny metal, 16 cm
Clear acrylic combined with shiny metal
With its fine slender silhouette, the Vittel pepper mill is full of charm. This transparent mill clearly shows the Vietnamese black pepper that it contains. Its waist is highlighted elegantly by the chrome-plated ring. It has a button, engraved with the Peugeot lion’s head, that is used to adjust the pepper coarseness. Loosen the button to give coarser grinding, Tighten the knob for finer ground pepper. This mill is equipped with the Peugeot steel grinding mechanism, with a strong cutting edge, which comes with a lifetime guarantee. This compact mill will look just right on your table and can be presented as a pair with the Vittel 16 cm (or larger) salt mill.
Carrot Soufflé with Cumin
2.2 pounds (1 kg) carrots,
peeled and sliced
8 large eggs, white and yolks apart
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon (125g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (50g) all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup (30 cl) milk
3 Tablespoons Emmental cheese or other hard cheese, grated
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*or 26.5 ounces (750g) mashed carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) and grease a 2.2 qt soufflé dish with butter.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the carrots in a large volume of salted water for about 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and mash carrots.
3. Add the egg yolks to the carrots and stir well.
4. Make the béchamel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, and let the mixture thicken for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually pour the milk and keep whisking until thickened. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, and add the grated cheese. Add the mixture to the carrot mash and stir well.
5. Beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff. Fold into the carrots, running the spatula straight down the bottom of the bowl, then flipping the batter over. The egg whites should be all mixed in, but there should be some lumps of stiff egg white still visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared soufflé dish and bake in a water-bath for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and eat immediately, with a side of salad.