Pepper mill Graphite Collection, 18 cm
Paying homage to Peugeot's long-standing expertise in crafting metal and wood, this new slightly metallic graphite colour showcases the grain running through the 18 cm Paris u'Select wooden pepper mill.
Magnificent visual effects
A unique colour for an iconic pepper mill! The 18 cm Paris pepper mill sports a highly trendy anthracite grey finish. Available as a limited edition only, this slightly metallic colour symbolises the fusion between wood and steel, and focuses the spotlight on the wood's grain. Manufactured using wood sourced from PEFC-certified forests and featuring water-based paint and varnish, the 18 cm Paris graphite pepper mill is produced in France and designed to respect the environment. Its rugged high-performance steel mechanism comes with a lifetime warranty. This ingenious manual wooden pepper mill is equipped with a high-precision grind adjustment system in the base of the mill. The grind adjustment ring is graduated from 1 to 6 (1 is the finest grind and 6 is the coarsest setting). Simply turn the ring to select the required grind setting.
- Made in France
- New anthracite grey finish with a slightly metallic effect
- Wood sourced from French PEFC™-certified forests
- u'Select grind adjustment system with six predefined grind settings
- Water-based paint and varnish
- Mechanism with a lifetime warranty
- For grinding black, white, green and red pepper, pink peppercorns (no more than 15% in a pepper blend) and coriander seeds.
Quick Greek-style Lamb Moussaka
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Ingredients for one rectangular Appolia dish 32cm:
2 small eggplants. trimmed both ends and cut into 1/2 cm thick slices
100 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
500 g jar of red pesto sauce
10 g chopped fresh oregano
200 ml red wine (or lamb stock)
200 g natural Greek yogurt
2 eggs, beaten
50 g Grana Padano, finely grated
1. Preheat the grill to high. Line a large grill rack with foil and arrange the aubergine slices over it in a single layer. Mix the oil with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper and brush half over the eggplant. Grill for 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Turn the slices, brush with the remaining oil and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Reserve.
2. Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Heat a wide pan, add the onion and lamb and fry gently for 10 minutes until browned. Add the pesto, oregano, red wine or stock and some freshly ground black pepper. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until piping hot.
3. Arrange a third of the grilled aubergine slices in the base of a 1.8-litre, shallow ovenproof dish. Spoon half the meat sauce over the top. Layer with half the remaining slices and the rest of the sauce. Place the rest of the slices on top.
4. Beat together the yogurt, eggs and all but 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Spread over the aubergines and sprinkle with the reserved cheese. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and piping hot.
Serve with a salad of chopped tomatoes and cucumber, sliced red onion, feta, Kalamata olives and the reserved oregano leaves, dressed with a little extra virgin Greek olive oil and lemon juice.