Freshness & Effervescence, Two glasses for light, refreshing beers, 330 ml, 23 cm
Are you on the lookout for the perfect gift to delight a lover of light, refreshing beers? The Freshness & Effervescence beer glasses from Peugeot have been specifically designed to elevate the taste of smooth, fruity beers with slightly citrus notes, such as wheat beers and pilsners.
For enthusiasts of light, balanced beers
Peugeot has worked alongside Elisabeth Pierre, a professional beer taster, to develop the Bierissime collection. This collection comprises three beer tasting glasses that have been crafted to showcase the specific aromas and organoleptic qualities of each main style of beer. The Freshness & Effervescence glasses feature a specially designed shape to take full advantage of the flavours and aromas of low-alcohol, fine and smooth beers with a balanced taste of hops and malt, such as wheat beers, pilsners and lagers. The wide mouth emphasises the head, the long sleek profile improves the flow of bubbles, and the stem ensures an easy grip while maintaining the beer's fresh taste.
This gift set comprises:
- Two beer tasting glasses with a 330 ml capacity
- Two coasters
- One guide with Elisabeth Pierre's tips for tasting, serving and storing beers
- Glasses made in Europe
- Glass height 23 cm
- Ideal gift for beer enthusiasts
- Glass shape specifically designed to take full advantage of light and refreshing beers:
- Large, slightly narrow mouth to emphasise the head and enhance the sparkling taste in the mouth
- Sleek profile to heighten the crisp taste and improve the flow of bubbles
- Narrow, long base to maintain the beer's fresh taste
- Stem to avoid warming the beer.
Strawberry and cardamom rolled brioche
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Resting time: 2 hrs
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for one square Appolia dish 28cm or one rectangular Appolia baker dish 32cm:
For the brioche:
350 g of wheat flour t45 or 55
6 g of dry baker’s yeast
170 g of milk
6 Tablespoons (80g) unsalted butter
75 g of yogurt
70 g of powdered sugar
½ tsp. to c. fine salt
70 g of vegetable oil
For the cardamom cream:
300 ml of milk
25 g of cornstarch
30 g of sugar
35 g of margarine or butter
4 cardamom pods
150 g of strawberry jam or 250 g of fresh strawberries
1. In the bowl of a mixer or a simple bowl, put the warm milk with dry yeast. Leave for 5 minutes: if it bubbles, it is good, otherwise, it is dead and there is no point in using it.
2. Then add the flour on top, the yogurt, sugar, salt, and vegetable oil, and knead until the dough has a smooth appearance and comes off your bowl / bowl (usually about ten minutes).
3. Let it rise, preferably in a warm place, covering with a kitchen towel, until the dough doubles in size. Then expel the air from the dough by crushing it.
4. To facilitate, you can cool the brioche to cook it afterwards.
5. Make the cream: boil the milk with the cardamom pods to infuse it, then leave to cool and filter.
6. Add the remaining ingredients except the fat, mixing well to dilute the starch, and put to heat, whisking gently until the mixture thickens and the whisk leaves traces.
7. Then add the margarine and whisk to incorporate. Leave to cool (preferably in the fridge).
8. Roll out the dough into a large rectangle, then spread the cardamom cream on top. Rinse and cut the strawberries into small pieces, or add the jam. Roll to get a long sausage, tightening it well.
9. Cut 9 identical rolls, then arrange them in the dish without tightening too much. Let it grow for about an hour and a half, until the rolls are puffed up.
10. Bake at 180 ° C for about 35-40 minutes, until the brioche is golden brown. Stitch in the center to control doneness.
If you wish, you can garnish with royal icing, mixing icing sugar and a little water.
Likewise, you can make the brioche shiny by applying syrup (such as cane sugar or even mixture of water and boiled sugar) with a brush after taking it out of the oven.