Peugeot Freshness & Effervescence, Two glasses for light, refreshing beers, 330 ml, 23 cm
Are you on the lookout for the perfect gift to delight a lover of light, refreshing beers? The Freshness & Effervescence beer glasses from Peugeot have been specifically designed to elevate the taste of smooth, fruity beers with slightly citrus notes, such as wheat beers and pilsners.
For enthusiasts of light, balanced beers
Peugeot has worked alongside Elisabeth Pierre, a professional beer taster, to develop the Bierissime collection. This collection comprises three beer tasting glasses that have been crafted to showcase the specific aromas and organoleptic qualities of each main style of beer. The Freshness & Effervescence glasses feature a specially designed shape to take full advantage of the flavours and aromas of low-alcohol, fine and smooth beers with a balanced taste of hops and malt, such as wheat beers, pilsners and lagers. The wide mouth emphasises the head, the long sleek profile improves the flow of bubbles, and the stem ensures an easy grip while maintaining the beer's fresh taste.
This gift set comprises:
- Two beer tasting glasses with a 330 ml capacity
- Two coasters
- One guide with Elisabeth Pierre's tips for tasting, serving and storing beers
- Glasses made in Europe
- Glass height 23 cm
- Ideal gift for beer enthusiasts
- Glass shape specifically designed to take full advantage of light and refreshing beers:
- Large, slightly narrow mouth to emphasise the head and enhance the sparkling taste in the mouth
- Sleek profile to heighten the crisp taste and improve the flow of bubbles
- Narrow, long base to maintain the beer's fresh taste
- Stem to avoid warming the beer.
Quick Greek-Style Lamb Moussaka
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Ingredients for one rectangular Appolia dish 32cm:
2 small eggplants, trimmed both ends and cut into 1/2 cm thick slices
100 ml extra virgin olive oil
500g lamb mince
1 large onion, chopped
500 g jar of red pesto sauce
10 g chopped fresh oregano
200 ml red wine (or lamb stock)
200 g natural Greek yogurt
2 eggs, beaten
50 g Grana Padano, finely grated
1. Preheat the grill to high. Line a large grill rack with foil and arrange the aubergine slices over it in a single layer. Mix the oil with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper and brush half over the eggplant. Grill for 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Turn the slices, brush with the remaining oil and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Reserve.
2. Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Heat a wide pan, add the onion and lamb and fry gently for 10 minutes until browned. Add the pesto, oregano, red wine or stock and some freshly ground black pepper. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until piping hot.
3. Arrange a third of the grilled aubergine slices in the base of a 1.8-litre, shallow ovenproof dish. Spoon half the meat sauce over the top. Layer with half the remaining slices and the rest of the sauce. Place the rest of the slices on top.
4. Beat together the yogurt, eggs and all but 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Spread over the aubergines and sprinkle with the reserved cheese. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and piping hot.
Serve with a salad of chopped tomatoes and cucumber, sliced red onion, feta, Kalamata olives and the reserved oregano leaves, dressed with a little extra virgin Greek olive oil and lemon juice.