Chocolate and Pepper Tart
Serves six to eight
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Preparation time: 35 minutes
For the pastry :
- 130 g margarine
- 70 g icing sugar
- 25 g ground almonds (or other ground nuts, such as hazelnuts or pistachios)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 60 g cold water
- 320 g plain flour
- ½ tsp fine salt
For the filling :
- 300 g dark cooking chocolate
- 300 g single cream
- A few twists of the pepper mill
- 1 pinch of high-quality salt
- Place all the ingredients for the pastry in a bowl or food processor bowl (fitted with the beater accessory) and mix until you obtain a ball of even consistency. Add a little bit of water if necessary.
- Roll out the pastry on a sheet of greaseproof paper and turn several times to avoid breaking the pastry. Then line a 30 cm Appolia flan dish with the pastry.
- Heat the oven to 175°C and bake for 30 minutes. The pastry should be golden brown on the sides and bottom, so that it will lose none of its crispy texture when filled.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces with a large knife and place in a bowl. In a saucepan bring the cream to the boil.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate, leave for one minute and then gently stir in small circles in the centre of the bowl using a spatula until all the cream has been incorporated.
Adjust the pepper mill to the coarsest setting and add a few twists of pepper (such as Sichuan or Kampot pepper), and some high-quality salt.
- Pour into the tart case.
- Allow to set in a refrigerator.
- Preferably remove the tart from the refrigerator approximately 10 minutes before serving. To enhance the tart’s peppery notes, add a few twists of the pepper mill before tasting.
Treat yourself with this one-of-a-kind chocolate tart recipe. This tart boasts a generous chocolate ganache finish with a little surprise in store! Pepper! Reach for your Peugeot Appolia Tart Dish and your Peugeot Paris u'Select Pepper Mill and create this chocolatey sweet treat this season.
If you make this tasty creation and share it online, tag us at @peugeotmillsaustralia so we can see it too!